Hairstyle plays a crucial role in enhancing your personality and everyday looks. Choosing a right hairstyle that suits your facial shape is tricky. Most of the time you find your hairstyle boring or you might have grown tired with the same old look. All you have to do is to keep your facial shape, your hair type and styling products in mind and you’ll find a great hairstyle. Here are some tips and products that will help you maintaining your hairstyle whole day long.
♦ Brushing your Hair
Brushing your hair is the most common step in maintaining a good hairstyle. If you have long and straight hair you can use comb to add a natural wave but if you are looking for some volume, you can use a roller brush instead. Using a roller will help you adding a natural volume and a backward curl to your hair.
♦ Blow drying
Blow drying is completely optional. If you have short length hair then you can skip this step but for medium and long length hair, this step could be a plus point in getting a perfectly maintained hairstyle. If your hair are silky and didn’t stay upright and lose their volume after some time, MOIST YOUR HAIR WITH SALT WATER and then blow dry them with dryer on low heat. (Don’t use dryer on high heat for a long time because it will damage your roots.
♦ Choosing the right Product:
Choosing the right product for your hair is a tricky part. There are so many products available in the market which you could use to make your hair stay in the position which you intend for. Start off with the cheaper brands while you are experimenting with different products. Here are some products which will be helpful for you to maintain a perfect hairstyle.
- Power paste or hair clay. Use these products to achieve difficult shapes and to maintain those shapes whole day long. Power paste will add a strong hold to your hairs so it is recommended to use a small amount it on dry hairs. (Recommended brand of power paste – “Keune”)
- Hair Gel. Hair gel comes in different holds but remember one thing that strong hold means “More Alcohol” which makes your hair looks more brittle. Use these products on wet hair for better results. (Recommended brand of hair gel – L’oreal Paris Studio Line)
- Hair Wax. You could also use hair wax to set your hairstyle. Just rub a pinch of wax between your fingers and style your hair and comb or brush them afterwards. (Recommended brand of wax – Nitro Canada)
- Hair Spray. Spraying your hair is optional but if you want to keep your hairs in place for a long time then it is a good option for you. Use the hairspray 6 inches away from your hairs and don’t use excess of it. It will hold your hairs in place and will add a glossy finish. (Recommended brand of hairspray – OSIS+, Kuene Gloss spray)
- Things to Remember
- Make sure not to overuse these products as it will damage your hair and probably make you look like Pitbull.
- Oil your hair once or twice in a week.
- Use these products on special occasions like weddings, parties and formal gatherings.